Monday, June 11, 2012

Hello ladies and gentlemen

Hey guys, I'm Eli Guidry, I'm 15 years old, and I'm a rising sophomore. I come from a little town in central Georgia named Perry (it's a little south of Macon). 

I enjoy reading (mostly science fiction and satire), writing (mostly fiction, I entered the Scholastic Art and Writing Awards and won Silver at the Regional level for the category of Science Fiction/Fantasy, if you don't mind me bragging a bit), and listening to music (I really enjoy alternative and indie). I also draw a little.

In addition I also play piano and keep bees. 

I'm hoping to get my school newspaper off the ground (I'm editor-in-chief, mostly by default), and that's part of why I'm here. Naturally I also want to improve as a writer, as well as get a taste of the college experience.

3 comments:

  1. I love that you love science fiction and fantasy! Those might be my favorite genres to read. What books are your current favorites?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really love Kurt Vonnegut (who I'm reading now), as well as Chuck Palahniuk (he wrote Fight Club, which I thought was amazing).

      I also like H.G. Wells.

      In terms of favorite books, I'd have to say Fight Club, the Time Machine, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, Slaughterhouse-Five, Catch-22, and 1984.

      Delete
    2. Vonnegut is GREAT. I actually have purposefully avoided Fight Club because I was feeling squeamish when it had just come out.

      Delete