Monday, June 11, 2012

Hi :)

I am Jessy Maslanka. I am 17 years old, a senior at Monroe Area High School. After three years there, I have moved to duel enrollment at GA Perimeter in Newton. I was on the newspaper staff all three years. Moving from A&E Editor to Co- Editor, and finally to editor in chief my junior year. This last year was our paper's last year, sending me on to the yearbook staff. I am now co editor with my best friend Taylor on the Monroe Area Annual.

I am here to tone my writing skills and experience some of what Grady has to offer. As UGA as an option for post graduation, I figured this camp would give me a good taste of what I can experience as a student here.

I Play piano and drums. I play, coach, and ref soccer. I play Xbox on occasion. I'm a LGBT activist. As of May 18, 2012, I successfully established the first standing GSA in Walton County schools. I do volunteer work at the local FISH. I recently completed the Walton Youth Leadership group.
I listen to all types of music, but my love tends to lean toward pop-rock like Paramore, Artist Vs Poet, and Love comma robot.

I'm a social girl who loves to learn new things.
 That's the simple version of it.

---Jessy Maslanka
*Loud and Proud and Here to Stay*

1 comment:

  1. Welcome, Jessy! A lot of my feature-writing experience is in A&E - love it. I'm looking forward to you bringing all of your experience to the class!

    ReplyDelete