Friday, June 15, 2012

:( Last post?

This week I have learned that being a loud person comes in handy with interviews. You can never be too out-going when in an interview. To be a great reporter, you have to ask the tough questions, the ones that may make you feel stupid for asking. It was great to experience the lectures on such topics ad PR and Advertising. It was a refreshing look at some options in the journalistic field. 


I will take the information leadership session back to my school, imprinting some better leadership tactics into my rising leaders on the staff. With the articles I have read, I will have more examples to go by to help my reporters as they learn to construct articles. The whole week has opened doors of insight. From discussions with Grady students, to hands on work with the equipment, this week has given me a real taste of what is soon to come. This experience will allow me to better communicate with my staff and assist them in their journey as well.


I will have to tell the staff about all the fun with the other students here. The Grady after dark, the bowling, the skating, and all of the random jokes between. I'm lucky to have Nathan coming back with me to help tell all of these stories. 


Some good books to read:
Ellen Hopkins "Perfect"
Gregory McGuire "Out of Oz"

No comments:

Post a Comment