Thursday, June 14, 2012

If I could interview anyone...

Including people no longer alive, I would say Kurt Vonnegut, but since I can't raise the dead I'll say Chuck Palahniuk.

Both of these were chosen on the basis that they are my two favorite authors.
I would want to interview him because, like I said, he's one of my favorite authors, and also because anyone who writes like he does has to be an interesting character. I would probably ask him about his thoughts on society in general, on what kind of music he likes (he claims to use music like a drug, as do I for that matter), and on tips for creative writing and being an author (as I hope to one day be one).

I'd probably ask very similar things for Vonnegut (he also loved music).

If I could work as a journalist anywhere, I would either choose Dublin, Ireland or New York (I've been to both) because I loved both of those towns. I would probably work as either a feature writer or a news writer, because I think if I went into journalism those two areas would be the ones I would want to work in. Perhaps I'd do editorial writing; music and/or food reviews, or maybe just me ranting.     



1 comment:

  1. I could see that being a deep conversational interview.
    I think you would have a great time in somewhere so far as Ireland and multi-cultured as New York.

    ReplyDelete