Friday, June 15, 2012

Jessica's Profile


Loud, strong-willed and compassionate, Jessica Maslanka is a rising senior at Monroe High School in Monroe, GA who is ready to graduate and challenge the world. Her life goal is to reduce ignorance. Growing up in Georgia, she has seen a lot of it.

“[The greatest challenge that I have faced and had to overcome] is living in the state of Georgia as an open lesbian,” explains Maslanka.

The conservative south does not suit Maslanks’s liberal views. From the ignorance of others, she has had to face bullies. 

“I am who I am, I won’t ever apologize for that,” Maslanka stated. “If someone says something that excites me I will not hold back, especially when it comes to bullying. I don’t want anyone else to go through that hardship.”

Maslanka is an active soccer player, drummer and plays the piano for fun. However, she hopes to become a freelance writer and a social activist when she is older. Her passion? Music.

“Music speaks when words can’t find a place,” said Maslanka. “[I like to listen to] pop rock- ‘Paramore’ and ‘Artist vs Poet’. ”



No comments:

Post a Comment