Tuesday, June 12, 2012

The zombies are coming

Some people are afraid of spiders, others, the dark. These things do not bother me, What does? Zombies. My one real fear is, yes, zombies. The disease ridden beings that continuously hunt for the meal that could include me. With the vampires fading out and the zombies taking center stage, I knew that a feature on the reactions and opinions of those in the midst of the zombie obsessions of today would be appropriate. Speaking with the believers and those who reject the notion opens a view of the varying perspectives on the "Zombie Invasion."

It is a total thrill to walk up to a complete stranger and ask them if I may interview them. I feel the rush as I spot my next victim, closing in for the kill. As a social person, it was fun to go out and interview. Interviewing is my favorite part of reporting because I get perspectives I may have never encountered on my own. One interview could completely alter the angle of an article. Although the strangers are unpredictable, that anxious feeling drives me. If this interview does not work, I just know that I get the chance to try again with a new stranger.

I have written on deadlines before, but not such short ones. At first, I felt rushed. I actually felt scared that I would not make it. After I got the interviews, though, I felt a total sense of relief.

No comments:

Post a Comment