Thursday, June 14, 2012

In reply to the post

If I could interview anyone in the world, it would be Joanna Newsom or Jeffrey Eugenides. The former is a singer, the latter is an author. I admire both of them for their literariness and overall awareness. Also: Lena Dunham. She is absolutely amazing -- so candid. I'd ask them about their favorite books and then we would talk about society and growing up and they would give me advice and I'd gush.

If I could go anywhere in the world, it'd be the Democratic Republic of the Congo. I would love to write about the strife of sexual assault victims in the South Kivu province of the DRC, where civil wars have killed 4-5 million people since the mid-1990s. Fascinating and horrifying simultaneously. :)

But my dream job (in the country) would be NPR or The New York Times. So classy :)

Journalism = fun!

P.S. I'd also like to interview Marie Antoinette -- post-mortem, of course. But how would she talk without a head? Huh...

No comments:

Post a Comment