Tuesday, June 12, 2012

My Writing Topics!

Hey everyone!
 Well, it's pretty obvious that I am absolutely in love with Justin Bieber. I chose to write about his recent paparazzi scuffle because I thought I could really go in depth into the story by telling fan and non-fan reactions, why the altercation occured, and what could ultimately happen to his currently booming career as a result of this unfortunate fiasco. Not only do I just gush at the thought of an opportunity to write about Justin Bieber, but I am also excited to learn how to go beyond the facts and put together a puzzle that tells a story and constitutes a true feature article. I decided to write about Emily Hearn because I heard from Hannah and Nathan that she is a popular musician around Athens and really liked her music when I previewed her work by way of YouTube. She seems like a lovely writing subject that I can thoroughly elaborate on and turn into a great feature piece.
Approaching perfect strangers with random questions is quite frightening in thought, but it is actually kind of fun and exciting. Interview prospects out on the street are like chocolates; you never know what you're going to get. Most of the time the potential interviewees are friendly and eager to help, but every once in awhile a person you sweetly advance upon carelessly answers and rudely walks away. Personally, I enjoy interviewing people because I consider myself a people-person and love to conduct cordial conversations about anything with others.
I must admit; writing on deadline can be stressful at times. There is so much to do in so little time. On the bright side, attempting to have your work finished by a specific date keeps you on track and further motivates you to complete the task. Having a deadline for stories is essential because the writers remain on the same page as it relates to the responsibilities and goals of the publication.
I am just ecstatic to have a fantastic finished product when the Georgia Journalism Academy newspaper project is complete.
Farewell to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment